domingo, 14 de noviembre de 2010
jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010
lunes, 14 de junio de 2010
We have included a list of expressions to be used in everyday activities.
1. ACTION (VERBS AND EXPRESSIONS)
-to warm up..
2. SPORT MATERIAL AND SPACES
-yard, ground, goal, basket, mat, football, rope, rings,
3. PARTS OF THE BODY
-muscles, bones, articulations, hips, elbows, knee...
4. PHYSICAL QUALITIES
-flexibility, speed, strength, endurance, coordination, equilibrium...
jueves, 10 de junio de 2010
miércoles, 9 de junio de 2010
Some of our students have taken part in this new Science Fair. They have displayed some experiments and science concepts either in Spanish or in English. They have had a great time together with so many other high school students from Seville
sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010
jueves, 6 de mayo de 2010
For the second consecutive year the trip to Riotinto was a complete success. The students of the 2nd level had the opportunity to explore the recreation of an ancient mining gallery, visit the Mining Museum, ride the mining train following the course of the Tinto River and visit a typical Victorian house. Definitely, it was worth it.
martes, 27 de abril de 2010
domingo, 14 de marzo de 2010
viernes, 12 de marzo de 2010
sábado, 20 de febrero de 2010
martes, 16 de febrero de 2010
viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010
All 1st form groups took part in editing their own posters including info. about Andalusia and the States on this special day. They felt the atmosphere of tolerance and multicultural sensibility we try to experience at school. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!
jueves, 11 de febrero de 2010
miércoles, 10 de febrero de 2010
Here is some of the material used to celebrate the School Day of Non-violence and Peace. The students of the 3rd A group interpreted Michael Jackson's 'We are the World' dedicating their performance to those who unfortunately suffer the shabby treatment of war and its consequences. Besides, the students read some of Luther King's quotes in both English and Spanish with John Lennon's 'Imagine' in the background. Certainly, this was a day to remember. Congratulations to the 3rdA group.
martes, 2 de febrero de 2010
lunes, 1 de febrero de 2010
On January 15th we went to Sevilla to see "Pygmalion," a play about a poor common girl who wants to learn how to sing and become a star. It shows her journey to becoming a lady and a star, but unfortunately it does not change her teacher's rude attitude and lack of respect towards others. It was an adapted version from the original play and the theatre company did a great job with it. The students really enjoyed it for the music and entertainment value. A good event for English classes!
viernes, 22 de enero de 2010
martes, 19 de enero de 2010
martes, 12 de enero de 2010
domingo, 10 de enero de 2010
1. Answer which of the following sentences are true or false:
- The parallel ones are lines perpendicular to the equator.
- The parallel of the equator is at 0°.
- The meridians are lines parallel to the equator.
- The meridians serve to establish the divisions of the time zones.
2. Check your Atlas and answer the following questions:
- In which parallel can you find the city of Toledo?
- Mark the meridian and the parallel that pass through Seville.
3. Locate the geographical coordinates of the following cities:
- Buenos Aires
SUBJECT: SOCIAL SCIENCES
UNIT 3 ACTIVITIES
1. Which is the highest summit of our planet? And the deepest point?
2. Complete the following sentences with the words in the box: rain, valley, ravines, waves, gulfs, tides, sand, beaches and ocean currents.
- The water of _______________spoils mountains; streams and rivers open________________and___________
- _____________, the___________and the___________take place at the seaside spoiling the softest(smoothest) rocks and the projections of coasts. At the same time, ocean currents accumulate-------------------in--------------------and--------------------.
3. Match the different concepts with their corresponding definitions:
- Mountain Great depression of the ocean floor/seabed
- Paeninsula Portion of land fully-surrounded by water
-Ria Coastal area which flows into the sea
- Valley Depression relief form that is elongated
- Cape Form of sea inlet, normally elongated
- Island Piece of land surrounded by water throughout but by one side
- Marine basin Natural elevation of the area
4. Indicate in the following drawing the different parts of a volcano:
5. Draw the Earth and indicate the different parts that compose its structure.